Monday, October 1, 2007

My awesome weekend at cornerstone California!

Cornerstone California was crazy!! I have so much to talk about that this may be two blogs (my visits have been dwindling so hopefully multiple posts will increase it) So I got into the air port in La and got my bags without a problem and headed to the taxi bay cuz thats the only way I had to get to the show. The cab driver had no idea where Irvine lake was and the only address I had was to the event and not the cap ground so he headed there. I got to the venue at like 930 and the gates weren't supposed to open till 2 but thats where the driver took me (IT COST $60!!!). I checked in for my VIP and Press passes and got my wristbands. I still had all my stuff so I asked the girls doing the check in where the camping was and they said it was aways back the way I came. The concert website said it was a decent walk to the campground.... I want to meet the psycho that thinks 3 1/2 miles is a decent walk! I had to walk the whole way with my bags... in the rain... it sucked. To make my day even better I got to the campground and the person said that there weren't any opening because they had a fest of their own on Saturday and that the nearest campsite was 2 miles farther from the concert. They manager came out and at first was telling me that I could not stay but as I explained that I had talked to someone on Thursday from the campground and now I was stuck. The lady took pity on me and put me way in the back and showed me how to cut through another private park to get to the concert (it took out about a mile and a half.) I set up the tent and got situated (found out i didn't have a rain cover) so I decided to go back to the concert area. When I got there the girls that were doing check in let me stand under the tent. I sat and talked to them for a while until i herd Demon Hunter practicing their set for Friday nights show so I walked down to the rear of the stage to see if I could sneak a peak at my all time favorite band. It was so cool to stand at the side of the stage and watch them play.. It was so cool. I hung around and just kinda watched them as they were talking with some of the staff. I was wearing my Blessed Resistance t-shirt (its the members only Demon Hunter fan club) and it defiantly paid off. One of the management staff came over and asked if I wanted to meet the band.. I was thinking uhhh DUH! but I just said yes. the guys were really cool and the bassist said that he had to move his car and he had the new CD (which dosn't come out till nov. 8th) he said I could ride with him and we would listen to a couple of tracks I ABOUT LOST MY MIND!!! I of course said yea but I was pretty much in shock... I listened to the first two tracks and let me tell you they were freaking sweet.

I didn't do much until the fest started but i think i will leave that for tomorrow cuz like i said i have so much to write about I am gonna have to write it in at least two blogs (at this rate it looks like 4). I will get on tomorrow night (Tuesday) and write my next part... pics coming soon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous!!!!!

 
Christian Blog Topsites