Friday, October 5, 2007

Cornerstone California PT 4

sorry about the late post I am sure you guys are ready for me to be done with Cornerstone and move on to my normal topics. Here is the last installment of my weekend at cornerstone Ca.


So after watching Death is not welcome here I walked around and talked to vendors. there were some really cool booths there. there was one lady that did what i call Christian abstract art. It was like a bunch of abstract style dots and then in the right third of the canvas she painted a picture of Jesus with the crown of thorns it was way cool! I ran over and watched this band Showbread play, I had never seen or heard of them before but let me tell you they were freaking amazing... so much energy and one of the guys who plays one of the keyboard/guitar type things was throwing the thing around and dancing all crazy it was way cool. The lead singer had green makeup on his eyes and on the sides of his face... it was kinda weird at first but their music was great! After their show i went up to the lead singer and introduced myself, I told him that I had never heard of the band before and I was defiantly going to have to buy their CD because they had a phenomenal show. He said thank you and I asked him if the band would be willing to do an interview with me later that nigh. He said sure no problem and told me to find the band later after they had loaded their equipment and changed. I ate dinner to the soundtrack of Falling up.. they were pretty good but I was really hungry. at dinner, I sat next to the lead singer of Anberlin and had no idea (I had never seen him before). after dinner I went and watched Project 86 play for a few minutes (good but not as much energy as i had been accustomed to for the day) I ran back over to the VIP dinner area where a majority of Showbread was and once they finished eating conducted my final interview of the night. At first I was weary of asking them my questions because I thought I was going to get some crazy answers but they were actually well educated in the Bible and Josh th lead singer had a great sense of humor and had no problem saying what he believed (again, you must listen to the show to hear the interviews). Once finished with the interview i went and watched Anberlin play (good but a little too soft for my tastes but got some decent pictures) it was only then did I realize that during dinner I had sat next to the lead singer (felt retarded!) A little more than half way through their set I ran over to the other stage to claim my spot in the press area for Underoath. There were so many camera people over there waiting to take pictures of the band (everyone but the drummer hid in their bus all day so i did not get to meet them) :( After getting hassled by security who was checking our press passes, we were told that after three song press would have to leave the area. I thought it was dumb but according to a woman that does concert pictures for a living, she said that most big bands limit press to three songs for pictures. the band came out and let me tell you they were so good (I personally liked Demon Hunter better but both shows rocked.) I was so close to the stage the lead singer hit may camera with his hair (so cool!!) Once our three songs were up I dropped my stuff off at a merch booth that I had made friends with the staff and then ran into the mosh pit. Underoath put on such an amazing show I was so excited that I got to see them. as soon as their set was over I ran back stage to see if I could meet them but the stupid event staff had added another berrier so not even the VIPs could get back to see the band and they ran back to their bus (I was kinda mad).

Well, overall i had the time of my life! Saw some of the best shows ever, meet some awesome people and got to interview some cool bands and spent way to much $$ on T-shirts (got some real cool ones... might have to blog about those later) I would have to say it was an utter success. I am hoping that next year the lineup is just as cool and that the radio show will be big enough for me to get my own booth or at least a quiet area to interview bands. next year I am also looking for people to come down with me!

so thats it for my long weekend at Cornerstone California... thanks so much for putting up with my rambling and be sure to leave some comment love

Anthony

No comments:

 
Christian Blog Topsites