Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cornerstone California PT 2

So I told you i would get on and write about the rest of my day Friday so here it goes:


After my sweet turn in the day of meeting Demon Hunter I walked around looking at the few booths that were up (the even still didn't start for like 2 hours) I pretty much did nothing until the shows got under way. The first band was Fireflight and let me say they were amazing. The lead singer was sick but she still had a beautiful voice and they had a lot of energy. Wavorly played after them.. they were decent. Then next band that played was Seventh Day Slumber... they were ok but the main reason I bring them up is that the lead singer shared the gospel in the most awesome way I have seen. He read letters sent to the band and shared his testimony then he shared the Gospel.... I am talking the full Gospel not some God shaped hole in your heart deal it was sweet. At 5:30 i interviewed Fireflight for the radio show I asked some really hard questions but you will have to listen in once i get the interviews all edited I don't want to spoil it. the band was very nice and they made my first interview really easy. during the interview i missed Dizmas and Disciple (I was way bummed about missing Disciple) but i did hear them and they sounded good. Emery played they were pretty cool. Then came the two shows I was really looking forward to. Thousand Foot Krutch played and they were sooo good. I have seen them before but they were even better. the mosh pit was pretty sweet too. If you have heard our show you know that i said you cant worship to rock music but i saw something and experienced something really cool. TFK has a song called breathe you in and the words are very worship like but I never really thought about it. They played that song and the lead singer was raising his hands and the whole place was no longer focusing on the band but on God. The entire mosh pit stopped and sat down and bowed their heads and raised their hands..... it was crazy! so of course no surprise my highlight of the night was Demon Hunter and because I had a press pass I got to stand right in front of the stage with all the photographers and I took like 70 pics and a lot of videos (on the way). I wasn't in the pit but i was rockin out with the lead singer and the bassist I was freaking out.... it was so awesome!!! that was the last big band to play but there were some small ones that played so I hung around and at 12 didn't want to walk back to the campsite so i hitched a ride..... overall the day was crazy! it started bad but I had the time of my life.

Saturday to come tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday at the latest. I have so much to write about that its defiantly gonna be at least 2 more blogs. ( I will probably write another one on all the cool companies I found while I was there)

Anthony

PS click on the blogrush widget on the side so other people can view my blog through the blogrush ads

No comments:

 
Christian Blog Topsites