Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cornerstone California PT 3

On Saturday I took the back way and headed to the event. about 3 cars past me and I was kinda bummed that no one offered a ride but right after they past a vendor stopped and picked me up.
I walked around and talked to a lot of the vendors.... some of them remembered me and asked about my camping experience. I also talked to vendors about why i was down there and some of them gave me their cards and said they would love to call in and do an interview. Transistor radio was the first band to play and they were really good. after they played I went and confirmed all my interviews for they day. Come to find out Dakota Motor Co. didn't show because of a scheduling conflict so that was one interview down. I ran over to the stage to see Redcloud, a Cristian hardcore rapper he put on a really good show... I don't usually like those type of shows but he was really good and his DJs were cool to watch and with my press pass I got to walk up on stage to take pictures of the DJs.... it was way cool. At 1 I had an interview with Transistor radio. they were really cool guys. We sat down at some picnic tables and had the interview. After, the guys said that I asked some of the toughest questions they have ever gotten in a interview and that they thought it was awesome that I had the guts to ask the questions that really matter and didn't dance around them. I have to say that made me feel really good. As soon as i got done with that interview i had to run and do an interview with Redcloud he was pretty cool nice guy (gotta listen in to the show for anything on the interview tho). I was so stretched for time that i had to run over to the stage to catch Here I Come Falling (one of my interviews) they are a hardcore scream band and it was an amazing show... so much energy and they had taped signs on the back of their guitars, one said 'hi mom' it was pretty funny. as soon as they were done I ran to the merch tent and interviewed 2 members of the British band Death Is Not Welcome Here. They were nice guys but it was kinda hard to understand them with their accents (you will see what I mean when I play the interview). I had just enough time to eat lunch then ran over and interviewed Here I Come Falling. These guys were your typical emo looking guys but they were really nice and had good answers. I had some down time so I had a chance to get a funnel cake.... YUM! I then went and watched Death is Not Welcome Here play they were cool too (some sweet mic throwing).


I think my blog is long enough for this installment (i told you it was a busy weekend) I will get on tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday and finish up everything that happened that weekend (I hope)

Anthony

No comments:

 
Christian Blog Topsites