Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Humility

On Sunday night, my youth pastors wife Melissa preached a sermon on humility and at the end of it she had set up a foot washing ceremony for the leaders (thats me) to wash the feet of the youth as a demonstration of humility for both parties. I knew of the ceremony before that night and was not very worried about it but when it came down to it the first person that came to my station was someone that I had a problem with and thought it was over.... NOT. Every ounce of pride I had swelled up and in my mind I said ' I am not washing his feet!'. I took her message to heart so i began to wash his feet and prayed all the while... such an awesome and humbling experience. it got even more humbling when one of the other leaders washed my feet! I thought doing the washing was hard it was even harder to be the one getting your feet washed. it all makes sense now cuz in the Bible peater become completely humbled once he allows Jesus to wash his feet. If this seems weird to you look it up in the Bible... I believe its in John (someone correct me if I am wrong)

God bless,
Anthony

No comments:

 
Christian Blog Topsites